Art with Evan: Welcome: Art Lessons in Chapel Hill
Due to excpetional circumstances, the studio is closed on February 28, 2015 and March 1, 2015.
- August 1 - 31, 2014
- Works in acrylic by Evan Hirasawa
- North Carolina Crafts Gallery
- Carrboro, NC 27510
- Gallery Reception Friday, August 8th, 6:00-9:00p.m.
Fine Art Studio Drop In Schedule
- Friday from 4:00-6:00
- Saturday, 10:00-4:00
Article in the Southern Neighbor
- Read the article in the Southern Neighbor about Art with Evan titled Creative in the Triangle.
2015 Summer Fine Arts Afternoon Camps
Gift Certificates and Portraits
- Please contact Evan for details.
Artist Nights Out (reservation required)
- Studio available for adult and/or child "Artist Nights Out"
- Minimum 5 students
- $20 per person (includes materials/instruction)
- 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (Reserved)
- Offered throughout the year.
Drop-in Open Artist Studio Schedule
Please see Art with Evan’s ongoing schedule.
About Art With Evan:
Imagine painting and drawing in an atmosphere that is creative, positive, and nurturing. At Art with Evan, colorful impressionist artwork surrounds students in a calm, sunlit studio. Mozart, Bach, or Vivaldi plays as young artists become inspired to paint and draw from still-life, animals, the figure, landscape, or their imaginations.
Art with Evan is an art studio where painting and drawing helps students become more sensitive to the world around them and develop fine motor skills. Children of all ages and with special needs are welcome to explore painting and drawing media, including oils, acrylic, watercolor, pencil, charcoal, and pastel.
Evan Hirasawa has been teaching art lessons for more than twenty years in New England and in Chapel Hill. She is a certified art teacher and has a background in art therapy and working with children with special needs.
- Corcoran School of Art, Washington D.C.
- Fine Arts Major
- Massachusetts College of Art, Boston, MA
- B.F.A., Teacher’s Certification K–9
- Lesley College, Cambridge, MA
- M.Ed. Creative Arts in Learning
- Kaji Aso Institute for the Arts, Boston, MA
- Traditional Arts of Japan
- Painter’s Journey through Japan
- Painting Exhibitions in Maryland, Washington D.C., Boston, North Carolina, and Iwate Japan